Buying a home is one of the single largest investments that most people ever make. When you need to protect that investment, your main line of defense is homeowners insurance. If you are a condo owner, it is referred to as condo owner's insurance, or HO6.


Condo Owner's Insurance provides coverage for your personal property, for interior improvements you add to your Condo and additional living expenses if your Condo becomes uninhabitable due to a covered cause of loss, such as fire, water damage, vandalism, etc. (please read your policy for details). It also provides coverage for your personal liability are also protected while you're both on and off of your property.


I see that it doesn't cover the building, why?


The buildings of the condominium are covered under a master policy purchased by your homeowners association. Your homeowners association should have issued you a certificate of insurance which provides the details of the master policy.


What's not covered under a condo owner's policy?


Generally speaking, there is no coverage for the buildings and common areas of the condominium development. Regarding your personal property, you will find exclusions and limitations which are standard in all HO-6 policies. Some examples of those exclusions and limitations are:


-Wear & Tear
-Intentional Acts


What about special items like jewelry, electronics and collectibles?


These items have limited coverage, but many of these items (like jewelry and fine arts) can be insured for all risks and full value under a separate floater... JUST ASK!